I’m not one to get all preachy on Earth Day. We should all do what we can to take care of the environment all year. Instead, I’ll take this time to tell you about one of my favorite products, that also happens to be very eco-friendly.
Here are 12 reasons you should check out SIGG, “The Original Swiss Bottle”
1. We all need to drink more water. Having your SIGG around makes it easy to fill up.
2. You can put almost any beverage in your SIGG. No hot tea or coffee and no gasoline. Anything else is fine. If you can get it past security at Lambeau Field, it works perfect as a flask. They even make flasks.
3. SIGG bottles are extremely durable, created from a single seamless component. SIGG bottles are virtually unbreakable. In June 2006, Backpacker magazine conducted a relentless field test of leading water bottles brands. With the services of a 100 pound cannon packed with golf balls, they were able to destroy all of the targeted bottles – except one! Following the bottle barrage, they dubbed SIGG “The World’s Toughest Water Bottle.”
4. SIGG bottles are lined so they don’t impart any taste on your beverage. I’ve used plenty of Nalgene bottles that make the water taste like plastic.
5. SIGG bottles are stylish. You can get them in over 100 cool designs and many styles and sizes.
6. There are different styles of caps to meet your needs and they are interchangeable on every bottle. You want the Tiger King SIGG with the sport cap? The “Make Love Not Landfill” SIGG with the loop cap? Create the SIGG that meets your needs and expresses your personality. Personally, I like the red and black Samurai Spirit with the sport top.
7. SIGG bottles are manufactured in an ecologically-friendly environment and are 100% recyclable after their very long lives. Most SIGGs in Europe are still being used 10-20 years after purchase.
8. They make great gifts. We got them for everyone last Christmas.
9. Bottled water is maybe the biggest sham ever pulled on the American public.
10. Bottled water produces up to 1.5 million tons of plastic waste per year.
11. Bottled water is held to lower standards than tap water.
12. Bottled water costs more than gasoline.
13. SIGG pays for itself. $25 gets you two flats of bottled water at your favorite wholesale club. When that’s gone, you have nothing and you’ve created a bunch of plastic bottle waste. For the same $25, you would still have your SIGG and no waste.
Convinced? Please, go buy a SIGG. Thank you.